While many of Young Living’s essential oil uses are aimed at ways to provide relief for cold and flu symptoms and a variety of other winter ailments, we can’t forget the many refreshing, uplifting and natural ways essential oils can be used in the summer! These oils come in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit! To purchase the kit click here!
Please keep in mind that there are some essential oils that are photosensitive and you should avoid skin exposure in the sun when using them. There is a list of these oils at the bottom of the page!
Lemon* Essential Oil Uses:
1) Clean off your public market finds with just a few drops of lemon in a bowl of clean water. Using a cloth or paper towel, submerge the fruits or vegetables in the bowl and scrub, then rinse under cold water.
2) Get your skin summer ready and silky smooth with a lemon body scrub by mixing 1/4 cup of coconut oil and 1/4 cups of sugar with 8 drops of lemon. Add a few drops of your other favorite citrus oils for a tropical scent!
3) Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil to your glass of water for a refreshing drink that also helps balance your pH levels and helps keep your immune system strong.
Peppermint Essential Oil
1) Working out or playing sports this summer? Peppermint is a great oil to use on sore muscles! Just rub 2 drops of the oil directly onto the area that is sore. You can use a carrier oil such as coconut oil or almond oil to cover larger areas.
2) Keep cool by applying 1-2 drops of peppermint to the back of your neck and forehead.
3) Got any creepy crawlers invading your home? Mix a few drops of peppermint oil and water into a glass or stainless steel water bottle and spray the area that the bugs are coming in from. This is great for ants, spiders and beetles.
4) Apply 1-2 drops to temples and forehead to help relieve headache pain.
5) Put a drop on your tongue to freshen breathe.
Citrus Fresh* Essential Oil Uses:
1) Diffuse a few drops of Citrus Fresh and water in your Young Living diffuser to give your home a fresh and clean aroma.
2) Add 1-2 drops of citrus fresh in your a fruit smoothie for a delicious tropical taste.
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil Uses:
1) Tea Tree oil has anti-fungal properties that helps work against bacterial or fungal infections such as ringworm and tinea versicolor. Apply a few drops to the infection daily. This is also a good oil to use to help relieve eczema, psoriasis, dandruff and toenail fungus.
2) Got a bug bite? When applied to most bug bites it helps sooth the itching within seconds.
3) Because of the anti-bacterial properties, this is a great oil to use on the face and back to help with acne and break-outs. After a fun day outdoors working up a sweat, put a few drops of tea tree oil on your skin to help prevent and treat blemishes!
Purification Essential Oil Uses:
1) Diffuse a few drops to get rid of odors in your home.
2) Naturally repel insects by mixing a few drops and water in a glass or stainless steel spray bottle and applying to skin.
3) Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place in the toe of smelly shoes to freshen them.
4) Since Purification contains Melaleuca Alternifolia, you can also apply the oil to mosquito bites to help relieve itching and swelling.
Lavender Essential Oil Uses:
1) Who knew there were so many natural ways to repel insects? Put a few drops of lavender around your wrists and ankles to help keep the insects away.
2) We tend to be more active and outdoors in the summer which means we’re bound to get the occasional cut or bruise. Apply lavender to minor cuts and scrapes to help relieve itchy or irritated skin.
3) When combined with lemon and peppermint essential oil, lavender can be used to help combat seasonal allergies! Mix a drop of each and rub on the back of your neck and diffuse a few drops.
4) Place a few drops into your hands to rub behind your ears and on your pillow to help fall asleep after an eventful day!
Thieves* Essential Oil Uses:
1) Could your grill use a good scrub? Mix 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup vinegar and 8-10 drops of Thieves in glass or stainless steel spray bottle. Shake before use and spray directly onto the grill.
2) Help reduce phlegm and congestion by adding a drop to a glass of juice or cup of tea.
3) Feel a canker sore or cold sore coming on? Apply a drop of Thieves directly to the spot.
4) Apply a few drops to the bottom of feet before travel to help keep the immune system healthy.
5) Diffuse for 15-30 minutes daily to help reduce mold in the home.
Frankincense Essential Oil Uses:
1) Dilute 1-2 drops of Frankincense and apply to skin for a healthy glow.
2) Apply 1 drop to sunspot daily to help fade the spot.
3) Apply to wrists and back of ears to help relieve stress and anxiety.
Stress Away* Essential Oil Uses:
1) This oil helps do exactly what it’s name says: keep stress away. Apply 1-2 drops to the back of ears and wrists to help relieve stress and anxiety.
2) Rub on the bottom of feet to help get a restful night’s sleep.
PanAway Essential Oil Uses:
1) Apply a few drops to muscles to help ease soreness.
2) Apply 1-2 drops to your temples or forehead to help relieve headaches.
Joy* Essential Oil Uses:
1) Diffuse a few drops to create an uplifting aroma in any room in the house.
2) Apply a few drops to your wrist and behind the ears as a light, natural perfume.
To purchase the Premium Starter kit which includes all of the essential oils above, plus a YL diffuser for the home or office, click here!
*Below is a list of Young Living Essential Oils listed above that should not be applied to skin for 12 hours before being exposed to sunlight or UV light:
PEACE & CALMING (If you have the older version of the premium starter kit)
DISCLAIMER: The information contained on this website is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information represents what I, an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take charge of my own personal health and that of my family. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.